Write For Blue Mission
We welcome individual bloggers to contribute high quality content to the Blue Mission website.
You can submit for consideration an original article (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with content based on your personal experiences and/or professional expertise, and we will review it for potential publication on our site.
Why Write For Blue Mission?
- Touch lives
- Support positive change
- Connect with a global audience
- Share your unique voice and messages
- Share your bio underneath your article about who you are and what you do, including a photo of you, a link to your website and links to your social media
The Type of Articles We Welcome
Our community loves to receive actionable inspiration for a better life and a better world.
You are welcome to submit articles in your area of expertise that relate to the overarching categories below. If your article cannot naturally fit in any of these categories, our website and community may not be the best platform and audience for your message.
- Ocean Advocacy
- Beach Life
- Outdoor Lifestyle
- Adventure Sports
- Positivity & Fun
- Healthy Living
- Surfing, Kitesurfing & Watersports
Submit Original Posts: Posts must be unique and original to Blue Mission. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online or offline (including your personal blog) or be used in future for distribution on other sites (including your personal blog).
Bring Your Unique Voice & Passion: You can add value to our existing collection by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience and/or professional expertise, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
Choose a Great Title: People have so much selection available to them for what to read online. They choose quickly (within seconds) what articles to open, and your article title is what will help them decide. When choosing a title, think about the reader and what they’re looking to learn, discover, achieve, or the problem they want to solve, and then write your title to clearly speak to their need.
Use a Captivating Opening Statement: A reader will be captivated, or not, within the first few sentences of an article. Please ensure your opening paragraph is engaging, tells the reader exactly what they are about to experience and makes them want to read on as they know they are about to gain benefit.
Logical & Succinct: In the body of your article…
- Word Count – Please submit articles of at least 600 words.
- Sub-Headings – Please split up your content with relevant sub headings to make it easier for readers to follow the logical flow of ideas.
- Short Paragraphs – So readers can easily digest your awesome article, please keep paragraphs short and succinct (2-3 sentences each).
- At Least One Actionable Item: All articles should include either…
- One or more questions to prompt the reader to consider the topic in relation to their own situation and/or
- One or more actionable practical tips that the reader can easily start applying in their life.